Monday, May 19, 2008
I finally got my Kindle from Amazon last month. After a wait of about 45 days (since placing the order) it was exciting to take a look at one of the latest gadgets.
I like the device - strong points are:
1. Easy to read - very close to a book feeling
2. Fast download of books from amazon.com
3. Highlight and Note features are great
4. The best one - you can download a sample chapter of each available book before you buy it.
1. Battery seems to last only a few hours
2. Only over 100,000 books available in ebook format
3. Most of the good ones are expensive - about $9.99
4. Hey - and I cant show of the books I buy in my bookshelf!
I tried a few sample book and bought my first one - 'Your Inner fish: A Journey into the 3.5 billion-year history of the Human Body' by Neil Shubin.
More on that later...